Log in
es | eu | fr | pt | en


About me

slip and fall injuriescan be some of the most serious and worrisome because of the number of hazards found on the average construction site and the potential for serious injury or even death. No matter how minor or severe the injury may be, everyone is entitled to have their expenses covered when they are injured because of someone being carelessness or neglecting their duties.

There are many ways people can get injured when working or visiting a site where construction work is happening. Many people trip over tools or equipment left in walkways. This is particularly dangerous when it happens on a roof or scaffolding.

Another common slip and fall threat is when surfaces are uneven. The pavement may have been torn up or not yet laid, leaving gravel or mud to walk through. If a walkway is too steep or uneven, it can also be difficult to navigate, particularly for those carrying materials or distracted by their work.

Visitors to the site, either as a client, an inspector or some other position can leave people vulnerable. If they are not normally exposed to the possible risks and not properly warned or given safety gear, it is easy for them to get into a situation where they are injured. These slip and falls are covered as long as the person was on the site legally.

If you or someone you love has been injured on a construction site, either a commercial or residential site, contact an attorney to discover if you could be eligible for any compensation. This type of compensation is typically awarded to recover the money people need for medical care or to replace income due to lack of work.

In some instances, even if you have received worker´┐Żs compensation following the accident, you may still be able to file a lawsuit. Some exceptions that allow this type of lawsuit include when a third party, such as a subcontractor, was responsible for the accident or if an employer was aware of a hazardous situation that led to the accident and did nothing to correct it beforehand.

If any of these situations apply to you, contact a law firm for an initial consultation. They will be able to tell you whether or not you have any legal rights to compensation and if there is enough information to prove your case. Most will provide this consultation for free and will delay billing until the case is settled, and many will even refuse payment unless they win the case for you.

Tag Cloud